About this program
The IFQ is a global qualification which covers Islamic finance from both a technical and a Sharia’a perspective. Developed by industry experts, the qualification will equip you for success in this rapidly developing field. It provides an understanding of the influence of Sharia’a in a business context and prepares candidates to hold key positions in the Islamic finance and takaful (Islamic insurance) industries.
Who should attend?
The IFQ is appropriate for existing and new employees and those seeking a career in Islamic finance.
Exam Weighting per Chapter
- The Basics of Islamic Banking & Finance
- An Introduction to Islamic Banking & Finance
- Islamic Principles of Exchange
- Basic Contracts & Their Treatment
- Financial Contracts & Techniques Applied by Islamic Banks
- Islamic Asset Management & Socially Responsible Investing (SRI)
- Sukuk Market
- Islamic Insurance - Takaful
- Islamic Corporate Governance
Why study for this certificate?
- The qualification is a regulatory requirement by the Securities & Commodity Authority for a number of job functions within financial services in the UAE.
- In CISI’s qualification pathway, it can be taken as a stand-alone certificate or part of one of the CISI’s qualifications.
- Candidates become associated with the rules and regulations of the financial industry in the UAE.